Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Keeping up


I've been reading this book lately and I'm really really enjoying it I have to say, I love it in fact!! It's great and full of amazing things throughout history, right now I'm pretty early in this book only up to The Golden Age of Athens, with Pericles and what was happening then of course. But if this book is anything like the other book I read by Will Durant it's bound to be amazing, full of great facts and good writing. One thing I really like about Will Durant is he's not your typical historian, he's more of a historical story teller to me as in he doesn't give you the bullshit dates and facts shit that textbooks in school use to give us you know? He tells it like it's a tale of men, women and drama and comedy and everything. These historical figures jump right off the page!! I love it you know? So I'm continuing my quest to know a lot about as much as I can by reading the "books I got for Christmas" a couple Christmas's ago. I'm not sure where in my life right now this knowledge will help me but it's certainly enjoyable and has made me more intelligent so far, at a quick pace too.


Very recently I watched this film, in fact it was late last night on Netflix. Can I just say, wow? Awesome, bravo Kevin Smith and the gang. I know this movie is super old now but I only just saw it now. As an aspiring comic book creator I loved it. It was a cool insight. But not only that, this was truly a great story and an amazing film. I love the amount of handycam in this film, Kevin Smith is a great filmmaker and I don't care if even he doubts it a bit now. He has a great sense of story and character and honestly also to see all these guys super young and in there basically first couple of films really getting their acting together is inspiring and great for me being an aspiring actor myself. This film to me felt sort of like a foreign art film. It was very artsy, the angles, the lighting, the emotion, and the acting. It had a great feel to it, I loved it. I mean it felt like I was watching one of those foreign films that don't quite have that American film type feel to it you know? It was more innocent and free and experimental, which excited me greatly because that's how I'd like to be as an Actor and Filmmaker. So yeah, Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment