Thursday, August 6, 2015

No More F?!



It's amazing the amount of films that Marvel has made within so many years and with so many different production companies as well. Some owned by Fox, others by Sony and some true Marvel Entertainment franchises. It is astounding how well they've done over the years as well, I mean not to me, since I've been buying the comics since I was 14, which isn't that long admittedly. However these are some of the biggest movies being made now and all with A-list actors and directors as well. A few years back Sylvester Stallone made a huge deal saying how these comic book movies are killing the old action hero movies (Rocky, Terminator, Demolition Man, Rambo) and in a sense killing off the need for the old school muscled-up actors. It hasn't really, it's just made them either adapt or taken actors who were relatively known mostly for comedy (Chris Evans, Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt) or drama (Robert Downey Jr. (although, special note: RDJ can do anything), Chris Hemsworth, Tom Huddleston, Jeremy Renner, Scarlet Johansson, the lists go on) and made them transform themselves into such powerful action stars. Yet of course since they started out doing these said things, they can return to them anytime they want and still perform their craft at their pique and they bring this level of talent and introspection to these roles of comic book heroes making these unbelievable stories all the more believable. Also bringing these actors more opportunities for roles they might never have gotten if it wasn't for these superhero films bringing them such popularity. It all started in 2008. I mean sure, Marvel collaborated and made films of their characters before that, but before the brilliance that was the first Iron Man, connecting it all for the first time, we wouldn't have the world we live in right now. So, it's amazing.
With the new FF movie coming out, rebooting the franchise, it got me thinking about all of this. Then of course there is my absolute favorite character of all getting his own movie, Deadpool!! I mean, man. I am stoked. This brings to mind the fact that I heard a rumor that within the comic book universe of Marvel that there won't be a series for Fantastic Four anymore, but that the characters will instead appear randomly in other characters books. So it makes me wonder about the MCU, which of course isn't the same as the MCBU, and also about the rumors of production company cooperation too. It's all great news and it's all good fun! I am so excited for these upcoming months and years.
Let's not forget about DC as well, however they are not quite on the MCU level yet, let's just wait till there movies start hitting hard. I am looking forward to Suicide Squad and a little weary of the whole Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie, the whole Ben Affleck thing bugs me. I mean the trailer looks good, but I mean The Green Lantern preview looked good, so we'll see. Well, these are my thoughts. More illustration and comics from me and writing news coming soon. With pictures and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment