Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sketching

Lately I have been sketching a lot more which in part is thanks to one of my teachers. Sketching a lot has great benefits, for one if you really pay attention to your drawing ability and what not you can get better a lot faster than you think. And plus sketching is just fun I mean you could come up with some crazy idea while doing it or draw something that really just sucks ass. Either way it's just something really good to do. Just from doing more sketching lately I'm getting back to the way I use to be when I was younger.
I use to sketch like a ton when I was younger and do all sorts of random illustrations and such and this is really getting me back into that. Ever since I got to college like three years ago it has been harder for me to really get into the mood again to do just random sketches and illustrations and comic book stuff which is the whole reason I'm going to college to become an awesome comic book artist. Which finally I feel like I'm getting into that professional frame of mind. I'm doing more scripts then thumbnails, sketches, way better layout ideas and camera work, color comps. I mean I'm actually messing around with color now and I like it! I always hated messing around with color because I thought it was too complicated you know? But I finally got into just doing this style that uses just flat colors with two to three variations and I love it.
So overall my advice to anyone out there is to just friggin sketch more and more and more and do random illustrations and try out things you hate until you sort of understand them more you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment