Monday, February 28, 2011

Sometimes ya just....yeah?

I tell ya what folks, being self-employed is tough, tought when you have zero customers which means zero profit. Thus is what I am suffering from, I still work diligently at my comic "Masters of Fiction!" everyday now but ya know, it doesn't pay the bills yet. I'm looking for Illustration work or Writing work and it's really tough to find here in Utica, "The city, trying to be a city.." that's my quote, yup.

But you know what I mean if you live here, there's no real market for creative people here that I can find (if there is and I'm missing it, please someone give me a call) except for stuff that I just really don't have much interest in. Teaching art is great and noble and everything but I'm just not into it, I want to create things for clients and myself and make my dues that way.

I'm going to dabble in advertising and marketing for places maybe a little bit, I'm trying to anyways. Oh and I've found some great books for you guys to read most def for Illustrators and Writers; there's Everything you need to know to be a Freelance Illustrator and Guerrilla Marketing both available at Barnes and Noble, the first is in the Art section and the second is in Writing Reference.Also a really great series I just got into is Victorian Undead it basically is a Sherlock Holomes versus book the series is Sherlock Holmes continued adventures with Dr. Watson and pits them against all sorts of supernatural threats!! It's awesome and amazing writing, the art is amazing to the twentieth level man, check it out!! And a really great graphic novel I just read is I Kill Giants it's funny and sad and has great heart to it! It's an amazing read!!

Well until next time amigos, I'm off to draw more and create and what not, and figure out how to get paid for it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment