Saturday, December 21, 2013

Scrooges be out There

I'm in the post office today in New York Mills, NY sending out a package last minute for Christmas of course and there's this old guy in there talking with the clerk. He says, "So did I tell you there's this new pill you take."
The clerk looks at him and chuckles, "You're crazy Mikey."
"Why?" he turns to me, "There's this new pill, you take it and you fall asleep and wake up January second."I laugh a bit just trying to be friendly.
The clerk says, "I wouldn't take that, why would you want to?"
Mikey leans back and scratches at his long grey beard, "I would! Christmas, bah humbug! The holidays are horrible, Scrooge had the right idea. He's my hero, Scrooge. I mean God forbid someone sends you a card and you don't send one back, you might as well have shot them!" he chuckles.
I laugh a bit to myself and say, "Boy are you in for a long night. If I were you I'd pick up some of those five hour energy things."
Mikey looks at me a bit funny and cocks his head to the side, "What-why?"
"Well," I smirk, "If three spirits were going to visit me at all hours of the night to take me on all sorts of fantastical journeys to show me shadows of past, present and future until I reached a moral high ground toward my fellow man and the holiday season, I'd want to be well awake. Just saying."
He looks at me and just starts laughing! Everyone laughed including me!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment