Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Styles

You know I've always known there were many different styles out there and techniques. Occasionally I would try to copy those ones I found interesting and such but never really got too close. I'm talking about different artists techniques that I am inspired by, right now I'm really into like Ben Templesmith, Skottie Young and the artist who does the covers for the new Deadpool series whose name escapes me at the moment.
My teacher in my editorial and childrens book classes is wicked awesome he like lets us try anything out as long as we get some work done and what not. But he is teaching me now how to really get a feel for the type of coloring style I want to fall into with watercolors. Ya see I've never really gotten into colors almost the whole time I've been into comic art and everything, I was afraid to I guess you could say. I had no clue what I was doing when it came to color so I said screw it! But now I'm starting to like my work being fully realized ya know? From like pencil to ink to watercolors. I stick with just two to three colors on a subject which suits me just fine with my comic work. Not to say that professional colorists do this it just makes me more comftorable.
In an after thought now I have to say I don't know why I was so afraid to try color? I'm getting better now as I keep practicing. I will post up some artwork soon on my Deviant Art page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment